Preparing for CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that demonstrates competency in:
- Network security
- Compliance and operational security
- Threats and vulnerabilities
- Application, data and host security
- Access control and identity management
CompTIA Security+ not only ensures that candidates will apply knowledge of security concepts, tools, and procedures to react to security incidents, it ensures that security personnel are anticipating security risks and guarding against them.
The CompTIA Security+ certification exam consists of a maximum of 100 multiple choice and performance-based questions. The length of the test is 90 minutes. You will need a score of 750 to pass on a scale of 100-900. The exam languages include English, Korean, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese.
CompTIA is a non-profit trade association advancing the global interests of IT professionals and companies, Its focus is on four main areas: education, certification, advocacy and philanthropy.
For more information on CompTIA Security+ certificate, refer to http://certification.comptia.org/getCertified/certifications/security.aspx .
e2College offers a training course to help you prepare for CompTIA Security+ Certification exam. The training course "Preparing for CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam" includes activities and hands-on exercises to reinforce understanding of the 6 domains of CompTIA Security+ common body of knowledge.
The course is taught by e2College instructors holding current CompTIA Security+ certification and who are leaders in the information security industry.
the objective of the course "Preparing for CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam" is to prepare students for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam, through live lectures and hands-on exercises to reinforce their competency in the 6 domains of CompTIA Security+ common body of knowledge.
The training course "Preparing for CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam" covers the following topics:
- Security Configuration Parameters on Network Devices
- Secure Network Administration Principles
- Network Design Elements and Components
- Common Protocols and Services
- Security Issues Related to Wireless Networking
Compliance and operational security
- Risk Related Concepts
- Security Implications of Integrating Systems and Data with Third Parties
- Risk Mitigation Strategies
- Forensic Procedures
- Incident Response Procedures
- Security Awareness and Training
- Physical Security and Environmental Controls
- Risk Management Best Practices
- Selecting Appropriate Security Controls
Threats and vulnerabilities
- Social Engineering Attacks
- Wireless Attacks
- Application Attacks
- Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
- Tools and Techniques to Discover Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Penetration Testing versus Vulnerability Scanning
Application, data and host security
- Application Security
- Mobile Security
- Host Security
- Data Security
- Mitigating Security Risks in Static Environments
Access control and identity management
- Authentication Services
- Authentication, Authorization and Access Control
- Account Management
- Symmetric vs. Asymmetric
- Cryptographic Methods
- PKI & Certificate Management
Course Format & Schedule
The training course "Preparing for CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam" is offered as an online live class and you can log in at the scheduled times and join your instructor and classmates in an interactive virtual classroom. Classes meet two evenings a week for six weeks for a total of 12 sessions. The evening class time is usually between 7:30pm to 10:00pm local time (Specific class time may vary a little to accomodate attendees from different time zones).
The training course "Preparing for CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam" is valuable for those planning to take the CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam. It is recommended that you have some prior knowledge, skills, and/or practical experience in networking, information security, or software development before taking this course.