What is PII?
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) refers to information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person or can be used in combination with other pieces of information to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person.
- Full, first, or last name
- National identification number
- IP address
- Vehicle registration plate number
- Driver's license number
- Face, fingerprints, or handwriting
- Credit card numbers
- Digital identity
- Genetic information
- Country, state, or city of residence
- Gender or race
- Name of the school attended or workplace
- Grades, salary, or job position
- Criminal record