Send Email from an Alias
- Sign in to your Google Apps email.
- Click the in the upper-right and select Settings along the top of any page, and select the Accounts tab.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address.
- In the Email address field, enter your name and alternate email address.
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. Gmail will send a verification message to your other email address to confirm that you own it.
- Locate the message from Gmail. Open it and and either click the link contained in the message or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Google Apps email settings.
Messages you send will appear to be from the domain alias or email alias. The return-path of the message will indicate your primary mail addresses, but only recipients who look at the original message header will notice.
Once you're set up: sending mail
To use one of your alternate sender addresses, click the From link when you compose a new message. If you're replying to or forwarding a message, click the field where your recipients are listed, then click From. After clicking From, you'll see a drop-down menu next to your address, where you can select the email address you'd like to send from.